Stories of discovery and lessons learned
Boondocker Camping caters to those who prefer camping outside of developed campgrounds. If you are an off-road enthusiast who seeks the adventure of camping in the wilderness, then buckle up to read our camping tips and trips gained from our experience of various modes of camping since 1976. We share our outdoor adventures and stories of lessons learned to inform and inspire other boondockers to discover and explore the wild beauty of the western United States.
Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- Find your own campsite sweet spot using my free resource list of apps and links as my thank you gift for subscribing to my newsletter.
- Get tried and true guide books and camping gear I recommend on the Gear page.
- Explore our favorite campsites category for wilderness camping trips. Simply enter keywords in the search bar at the top of each page such as, “Death Valley” or “mines.” Of course, you can simply peruse, by scrolling through my blog posts to see what catches your eye.
- Favorite quotes are inserted in most posts in hopes you enjoy a chuckle or savor food for thought.
- Not sure what boondock or dispersed camping is? Check out what it’s all about as well as my proposal to define camping. Other terms used for this style of camping can be boondocking, dry camping and wild camping.
FREE newsletter goodies
I’ve researched and put together a list of my favorite apps and map links to help you, “find your perfect campsite!” This FREE resource is yours just for signing up to get my camping tips and gear recommendations newsletter. Your subscriber goodies include the latest stories and tips for boondock style camping, gear reviews, random drawings for prizes, as well as details for wilderness areas to explore.
Your information is kept private and is only used to send your goodies to your inbox periodically. It’s quick and easy to subscribe using my sign-up form.