Boondocker Camping caters to those who prefer camping outside of developed campgrounds. If you are an off-road enthusiast who seeks the adventure of camping in the wilderness, then buckle up to read our camping tips and trips gained from our experience of various modes of camping since 1976. We share our outdoor adventures and stories of lessons learned to inform and inspire other boondockers to discover and explore the wild beauty of the western United States.
Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- Find your own campsite sweet spot using our free resource list of apps and links as our thank you gift for subscribing to our newsletter.
- Get tried and true guide books and camping gear I recommend on the Gear page.
- Explore our favorite campsites category for wilderness camping trips or simply enter keywords in our search bar.
- Favorite quotes are inserted in most posts in hopes you enjoy a chuckle or savor food for thought.
- Not sure what boondock or dispersed camping is? Check out what it’s all about as well as my proposal to define camping. Other terms used for this style of camping can be boondocking, dry camping and wild camping.